Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Scary strikes again! The Romance Studio reviews Behind Locked Doors 3

Emma Hillman's third selection in her sex slave series truly delivers the one, two, three punch. We first met Thursday, Scary, and the other Masters in the first two books in this series, but this time we truly become intimate with both Thursday and Scary to the point we think we know them in person. Book 3 focuses on Thursday and her newly discovered revelation of her inner self's true desire to please the one man she thought she never would. As with the previous books, Thursday's first person point of view narration gives this book life. To truly appreciate the author's continued character development, reading books one and two in order is a plus. 

Scary has always been a powerful, dominant character and to witness his progression is beyond satisfying. In this fast paced, ninety page novel, the reader's love continues to grow for this tough, dark Master who greedily takes Thursday up on her offer to give him anything he wants. Not only is this novel full of graphically detailed sex, it is a powerful alluring trek into human emotions. Full of twists and turns, Ms. Hillman keeps the reader's interest and leaves a yearning for more, more, more. The transformation of Thursday from the first book to the third is a sign of a writer who truly knows her characters and what makes them tick. While there were times this reviewer wanted to wring Scary's neck, the HEA ending was definitely worth the ride. I look forward to more artistically crafted writing from this author. 

Overall rating:
Sensuality rating: Explicit
Reviewer: Susie Q.

... I'm so in love with this review I've read it at least a half dozen times over the weekend. I don't know whether anyone else does that but when I'm feeling blue, I go back to the reviews I've received over the past years and reread them. I guess we all need reassurance, and that one is perfect for that. 
At one point, I wasn't even sure I was going to finish the BLD series. Sales were okay, but nothing like my other books. Two emails from readers in the same week pushed me to finish the manuscript I'd started, and Behind Locked Doors 3 was born.

I ended up writing it in less than 3 weeks. It just flowed. I was a writing machine :) And ever since I typed THE END, I've known it's a pretty special book. I had no idea what I was going to write when I started it though, except that I wanted Thursday to beat Friday at her own game. The book turned out to be so much more than that! Hey, there even is a HEA. Who'd have thought?!

Thanks Susie for the lovely review and those words that made me gasp out loud: "artistically crafted writing." Who? Me? 

0 comments: