Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One more done!

I'm feeling very accomplished right now.

I've finished my latest WIP, entitled 'Marked'. It's the first book in a series called 'The Recruits', and it's something new for me. It's erotic romance and... paranormal! Who'd have thought I'd ever write a paranormal series?
It's a change, and I must admit world-building isn't easy. It takes a lot of concentration to remember all your subplots, characters, etc., but it's a nice feeling. Of course, maybe I should have written everything down, but nah, I rely on my brain instead. So far so good!

I love the hero. Jake is pure Alpha but once you crack him open, all he really wants is for someone to love him for who he is, weaknesses and all. Gotta love that really.
Faye is like my usual heroines. She questions everything, she's unsure and yet she has an inner strength that will blossom thanks to his love.
There is a ton of secondary characters... well, maybe not a ton, but definitely a lot more than usual!

I'm already working on the next two books in the series: 'Mated', Sofia's story (who's Sofia I can see you asking? You'll have to wait to get that answer, I'm afraid); and 'Hired', that will introduce two new characters. I can't wait!

Anyhow, all this to say that I've polished it all today, wrote a 6-page synopsis and a blurb, and... even submitted it. Crazy day! Now all I can do is wait and think happy thoughts. All together now: they will want to read more. Yes, they will.
Right?

0 comments: