Monday, March 1, 2010

The first review for BLD2 is here!

Thanks a lot to Seriously Reviewed for the great review of Behind Locked Doors - Book Two.

Story: 8.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 17.5
Review: As a fan of Ms Hillman, I knew I’d get an emotion story to go along with scorching hot sex and well developed characters. This story is no exception. As a reader, I think the book would be better enjoyed had I read the first in the series. I wasn’t immediately captivated by the characters and the setting took a little time to become grounded. However, within a few pages I was swept into the story and had no trouble understanding who the characters were and their connection to Thursday. In the heart of the story, I couldn’t read through the pages fast enough. I simply had to know what was going to happen next. I found myself falling for Scary as easily as Thursday does. Ms. Hillman pens a poignant story and in the end I felt exactly as Thursday. The author gives emotional depth to the story that is so real, it’s not always a pleasant experience. But that was the intended response and one that will stay with me long after the book was finished.


... I have to admit that reading I had a fan made me blush. I love Thursday as a heroine, and I'm glad people are getting attached to her. It's interesting that even with the way Scary acts in the story, the reviewer fell for him. Of course, that's what I intended but still, it's nice to see!

0 comments: