Monday, March 7, 2011

"As close to perfect as I could wish for" Seriously Reviewed on Behind Locked Doors 3!

Story: 9.5
Presentation: 9
Total: 18.5

Review: This story was about as close to perfect as I could wish for. I’ve loved this series. I thought it was wonderfully titillating and I would encourage you to read the stories is order as the climatic third installment has greater impact knowing what Thursday and Scary have gone through to be together. The story builds with heart pounding intensity. There is so much risk to reward. Every action has a consequence and reaction. You read the story, devouring the words, knowing that Ms. Hillman is going to stomp all over your emotions, make you hot, make you gasp, make you want to scream and leave the knot of emotion twisting in your belly that tells you that you’ve read a story that is going to stick with you for a long time. I felt as if I were Thursday during the story and having finished the book, I ached a bit because I wasn’t going to have scary around anymore. And damn, but I want a scary for myself. He’s edgy, yet exudes sophistication. He’s powerful but can use such a tender touch you’ll tremble as you read. Okay, so you can probably guess that I now love Ms. Hillman as much as I love her characters because of a couple of bucks she offers such amazing entertainment with her books.

The story reads fast. The words flow with a smoothness that makes the moments that you’re in the story fly by. Her characters are richly described not only their physical descriptions, but you know them intimately. It’s a damn good book and one I will read again. 

... This review by Seriously Reviewed totally made my day/week/month! I've always thought this third book was the best in the series. Even when I was writing it, it flowed so well I remember thinking "Oh, this is going to be good." 
I loved how the reviewer thought she was Thursday whilst reading the series. That's why I'd decided to write it in 1st person POV in the first place! (<= You can imagine me jumping up in my chair, shouting "It worked!" right about now :)
All in all, what a great review to wake up to. And dear SR reviewer, I might not know you but I do love you too!

0 comments: